It won’t happen to me! No way, I’m far too smart to be caught out by that kinda thing! Only mugs get caught out like that! Etc. etc. etc. Even though most good people reckon on it never happening to them, moving scams do happen. That is why you should get to know how to avoid them and what are the major signs that a company is planning to rip you off.
They Are Out There
If you put moving scam stories into a search engine, you will find tales of woe, and not from just wide and far, but in the same neck of the woods as yourselves! If you’re looking for trustworthy house removals in Perth, make sure to use a distinguished company. You need to know how not to get scammed by removalists, and what the major indicators that should set the alarm bells ringing, for a possible unethical company.
How to Avoid Getting Scammed by Removalists
In order to prevent losing your possessions or money to unprofessional companies, you need to follow few simple tips.
- Get a quote and get it written down. Most renowned companies out there will simply provide you with a written estimate including both the price and the service. But should they then tell you that a quote over the phone is ‘just about right,’ be cautious! This might just be an indicator that they might charge you extra later on, without a warning.
- Get online and check out reviews and not only on the removalists websites. The Internet has made life so much easier to look at and book all kinds of different services. The Web has also given everybody the option to see how other customers have certain specific companies.
- Do research and look for previous scams. It won’t take long on a search engine and could save you so much misery later. Just type in the company’s name with ‘scam’ on the end of your search query. This will show you if there have been any prior complaints regarding the company you’re thinking of using. In W. Australia and seeking out experienced and reputable removalists? Best house removals in Perth by A2B Removals check them out, you’ll have no regrets.
- Ask the right questions and don’t be shy. If you don’t want to have sleepless nights, make sure to leave no question unasked. This will include questions related to the relocation process, the pricing and what its’ being spent on, what kind of vehicle, and anything else that may concern you. Also, be on the look- out that scammers are not good with specifics. So, should you notice that your questions are giving them a hard time, then it might just be a good idea to pass on that particular company.
- Don’t pay out any money whatsoever without a document. If there are any problems later, you will have your claims backed up by a signed document. Over the years, there have even been stories out there of dodgy companies asking their clients to sign blank papers. And people did! Just make sure that the company gives you a signed document that explains all the service, the price, plus has the company details on it.
- PS So stay alert and don’t let any shonky deals come your way! Good luck!